After 4 weeks in NY, you start to get used to all the things that struck you when you first landed in the City! And let me put it in figures, as this is what we have been doing so far, between info graphs and mapping!
- 3 out of 4 women are in shorts!
- There is an average of 4 dogs for every person.
- 4 out of 5 people always have a drink in the hand, in the streets, the subway, taking the bus and even when removing their dogs’ poop.
- 2 out of 3 men are holding hands and kissing in the street.
- Taxi drivers are not that nice!
Once you start feeling comfortable, there are a number of things that you need to have:
- At least one pair of Toms shoes, so you will be contributing in something good in this world.
- You have to absolutely get your hands on Karim Rashid’s Bobble bottle that gives you pure H2O on the run.
- Get yourself a heavy-duty umbrella because this is the weirdest weather you can ever experience in your life! From steaming hot to getting you bruised by showers of hail!
- You also need to get yourself a bag that should fit all the above plus your lunch, some snacks, your Mac, ipad, books, notebooks and lots of pens!
Now that you are familiar with everybody, you discover the addictions and favorite things among your fellow students:
- You find out that Fernanda has an addiction on post-it and she has transmitted the virus to quite few of us.
- You find out that Kelsey likes Moustaches, Kacia adores Bunnies and Septums and Jenny is obsessed with Hello Kitty
You also come to know that:
- Mariana is getting married and got herself a fancy wedding dress (won’t disclose the Designer’s name)
- The 3 men around us are the sweetest ever, Jason, Carlos and Mark!
- Cecil is not that introvert.
- Laura always cooks her meals.
- Micheline is super cool and very helpful.
- Britt has a different New Big Idea every minute.
- Zen is in a continuous enviable Zen state of mind.
- Nina knows everything and everybody.
My final BIG Idea is that we have a great TEAM and we are heading for some really interesting Projects!
January 6, 2016
Impact! Project Update: Baby As A Second Language
May 27, 2015
May 20, 2015