Who Should Apply?
- Professionals who wish to expand their career options into the area of social change.
- Social entrepreneurs interested in the design process.
- Academics who wish to teach design and social change.
- Graduate students and college seniors who wish to focus in the area of social change.
The following disciplines are invited to participate:
- Graphic design
- Product design
- Information design
- Interactive design
- Fashion design
The program is oriented towards these design disciplines but we have had Architects and Social Entrepreneurs participate.
- Completed application
- You must be a working creative professional or educator, or have completed at minimum your junior year of a college or university design program
- Apple Macintosh computer for personal use
- Tuition to the six week full-time program is $6,000.
- For information on housing contact Keren Moscovitch: kmoscovitch [at] sva.edu
How to Apply
All applicants are required to complete an application form. Click here for an application. In addition, we will also need to receive following:
- Creative portfolio of 10–15 projects in digital jpeg format
- Each portfolio image not to exceed 1,000 pixels in width
- For social entrepreneurs a written essay not to exceed 600 words about what motivates you to engage in the area of social change and why you want to participate in Impact!
E-mail your application in one package to:
kmoscovitch [at] sva.edu
Or, mail your application in one package to:
School of Visual Arts
Continuing Education, Impact Residency
209 East 23 Street
New York, NY 10010-3994
We are currently accepting applications for our waiting list.
Completion of the program will give you 6 undergraduate credits.