Who Should Apply?
- Professionals who wish to expand their career options into the area of social change.
- Social entrepreneurs interested in the design process.
- Academics who wish to teach design and social change.
- Graduate students and college seniors who wish to focus in the area of social change.
The program is oriented towards all creative disciplines but we have had – and encourage – social entrepreneurs interested in the design process to apply.
- Completed application, link under How to Apply below.
- You must be a working professional, an educator, or have completed at minimum your junior year of a college or university design program.
- Apple Macintosh computer and programs for personal use.
Tuition + Credits
- Strategies for Creative Intervention: $2,000, 2 undergraduate studio credits
- Strategies for Community Engagement: $2,000, 2 undergraduate studio credits
For information on housing in the SVA dormitories contact Keren Moscovitch:
residency [at] sva.edu.
How to Apply
Applicants for both programs are required to complete an application form, you can download the form from the SVA website with the links below:
In addition, we will also need to receive following:
- Creative portfolio of 10 – 15 projects in digital jpeg format, each image not to exceed 1,000 pixels in width.
- If you do not have a portfolio a written essay not to exceed 600 words about what motivates you to engage in the area of social change and why you want to participate in Impact!
The deadline for the summer 2017 program will be in early April, 2017. We will post all new information about the program in December 2016.
» Download a pdf about the 2016 summer program.